All New StoryTeller Innovation Transforms Local TV Newsrooms, Connects with Digital Savvy Audience
AccuWeather will introduce a set of new features for its StoryTeller® Interactive Touchscreen Solution at this year’s National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) annual show. StoryTeller helps transform traditional news operations into digital newsrooms and is an essential investment for all TV stations. New and enhanced StoryTeller features offer newsrooms easier integration of User Generated Content (UGC), social media, live polling results, and much more.
NAB live demos include:
- AccuWeather weather features with Superior Accuracy™ from the world’s largest and fastest growing weather company, inclusing AccuWeather MinuteCast® minute-by-minute updates, new “on the scene” UGC weather video, and high-definition image integration.
- Improved Social Media App, using the power of UGC content now with fast, easy local search capabilities to quickly and easily bring viewers the local story angle on trending topics, providing the relevant social media pulse that viewers are looking for.
- Enhanced Polling App with the power of real-time audience feedback, now with additional polling features and graphics capabilities.
- Drone HD video integration, bringing aerial live-stream video seamlessly into the StoryTelller Interactive Touchscreen Solution.
- All-new Traffic solution with innovative 3-D traffic functionality offering the next level of interactive, hyper-local traffic updates to attract and inform viewers.
“If local television stations consider one new solution this year at NAB, it should be StoryTeller. We are helping stations worldwide differentiate themselves and become the dominant force in their markets,” said Loren Tobia, Vice President of Sales for AccuWeather’s Display Systems and Services division. “People are consuming more digital content than ever before through mobile phones, tablets, wearables, and other connected devices. To stay a step ahead of the competition and rapid transformational changes, local TV stations must revolutionize traditional media models by bringing a new experience to their broadcasts. StoryTeller incorporates the next level of interactivity and visual excitement into a cutting edge, high-tech experience that attract and engages audiences at a more personalized, local level than ever before.”
AccuWeather’s unique StoryTeller Interactive Touchscreen Solution is used in newsrooms across North America, including 14 of the top 15 U.S. markets, as well as in China, Belgium, and South America with a global audience reach of more than 100 million U.S. viewers and more than 300 million worldwide.
Visit AccuWeather at NAB 2015, booth #SL6009 to see StoryTeller’s unique features for the complete digital newsroom in action. NAB 2015 is scheduled for April 11-16, 2015 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, in Las Vegas, Nevada.